Feature Interview, Star Of The Month

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Nikki from Nikkiteahouse

Posted by The Craft Gossiper at 4:36 AM
WORDS WITH NIKKI
Hi everyone! My name is Nikki and I make polymer clay charms and felt plushies on YouTube. I also enjoy working on DIY projects and I’m always ready to try something new! I started crafting because I decided I needed a hobby and it looked like so much fun on YouTube! Definitely no regrets there, it’s an engaging activity to brighten up those mundane days of my everyday routine! When I’m not crafting, I love to cook and take photos~ Please visit my channel to check out my latest craft projects! :) Feel free to drop me a message any time; I’d love to chat with you! 

Nikki is a mega talented star in the making with almost 1000 subscribers on YouTube and over 9000 video views. She has a variety of videos for every kind of crafty girl and definitely is one to watch. I loved that Nikki puts a big amount of effort into her videos making her channel not only creative but of high quality. You will expect no less then perfectly edited videos on her awesome channel.

SNAPS WITH NIKKI
Pretty Nikki striking a nice pose for us!
Kiting at the park!
Hanari Tofu Clay Charm
Watch it HERE
Owl Plush
Watch it HERE

INTERVIEW WITH NIKKI

1. At what age did you start crafting?
I started crafting in the summer of 2012~ My age will remain a secret! :D

2. Tell us how you decided to make videos for YouTube.
I was inspired by the numerous amazing crafters on YouTube, all sharing their unique creations and interacting with each other as a community. I wanted to join this big family and also share my own creations with everyone on YouTube.

3. What is your main goal on YouTube as a crafting guru?
I really don’t see myself as a “guru” when it comes to crafting, since it is a new hobby for me. My main goal on Youtube is really to enjoy myself, learn from others and try my best to inspire others!

4. What kind of videos do you make on YouTube?
I make videos on polymer clay and felt plushies. Most of the time, I show the polymer clay charms and plushies that I have made. I also have some tutorials on them. I recently made a basic sewing series for people who are new to plushie making. Occasionally, I make vlogs about my daily life. I hope to make more do-it-yourself (DIY) general craft videos in the future!

5. Do you sell your creations?
I do not currently sell my craft creations, but I would like to someday.
J

6. What are other hobbies you have besides your forte?
Besides crafting, I love to cook and bake! (I might start a cooking/baking channel one day, you never know!) Also, I enjoy photography; my favourite objects to take photos of are food and landscapes!

7. How long do you see yourself on YouTube?
I hope to be on YouTube as long as I keep crafting and as long as I can make time to post videos!

8. What are your thoughts on the crafting community on YouTube?
It’s a really fun community to be a part of, and everyone is always really supportive. I have made many friends on YouTube and it’s great to have like-minded individuals who share common goals and ideas to talk to. Everybody is scattered all around the globe, so never mind the different time zones, there’s always someone to talk to at any hour of the day!

9. User savvy tips for future craftubers?
A simple camera, a tripod (to keep your videos nice and sturdy) and a computer is all you need to make videos! Any free video editing software will do, I just use Windows Live Movie Maker. Watch videos and learn from others! Don't be afraid to seek advice from fellow YouTubers because everybody's really nice and friendly!

10. Inspiring message for us and your viewers?
Do what you love to do, and don’t be afraid if things don’t turn out perfect. Crafting is all about creativity, and there is no right or wrong when it comes to creating something with your hands! Strive to be inspired and also be an inspiration!

LINKS TO NIKKI
Subscribe to Nikki's YouTube Channel

3 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Craft Gossiper Copyright © 2013