Feature Interview, Star Of The Month

Friday, March 8, 2013

Ruth from XoxRufus

Posted by The Craft Gossiper at 8:30 AM
WORDS WITH RUTH
Hi I'm Ruth, I'm a student from England who has grown up loving art. My main passionate is kawaii polymer clay charm making which I do on my youtube channel, sharing techniques and other videos with my subscribers. 

Ruth, the talented persona behind xoxRufus, has the most addictive polymer clay videos along with her wit and charm as she spreads her love for crafts on YouTube. To date, Ruth has garnered over 21 000 subscribers on her YouTube channel and has over 1.1 million views on her channel. She is the nicest person I have met and has a talent not only for crafts, but she is also starting to do beauty related videos on her second channel. If you are a beginner, and have no where to go for polymer clay craft. Ruth is definitely a winner. 

SNAPS WITH RUTH
Proud owner of xoxRufus
Gorgeous Ruth In Person!
Kawaii polymer clay cupcake
Rilakkuma Polymer Clay Burger
Watch it HERE
INTERVIEW WITH RUTH
1. At what age did you start crafting?
I can’t say for definite because I’ve always loved art but I would say it started properly when I was 11 years old. It’s the first time I can remember doing art and loving it completely.

 2. Tell us how you decided to make videos for YouTube.
I’d had YouTube for two years before I decided to make videos, I watched everything from beauty guru’s, vloggers, comedy sketches and craft videos. It was only a matter of time before I took the plunge but the clay craft community on YouTube is what sparked the flame.

3. What is your main goal on YouTube as a crafting guru? 
Sadly I’m one of these people that has no clue what they’re doing in the future but I hope to keep creating tutorials that help and may even inspire my viewers and expand my craft business.

 4. What kind of videos do you make on YouTube?
 I make craft videos on youtube which mainly centre around Polymer Clay charms. I make a range of videos like tutorials, craft updates, reviews, hauls, first impressions and spotlighting other crafters.

 5. Do you sell your creations?
 Yes I do, I sell my creations on Etsy my shop is called KawaiiStudios.

 6. What are other hobbies you have besides your forte?
I’m a fan of most types of art but sadly I don’t view myself as particularly good at any other than clay work. Other hobbies I do in my spare time are drawing, digital art, Photography, Photo editing in Photoshop.

 7. How long do you see yourself on YouTube?
I’d like to say I see myself on YouTube forever but I don’t think that’s going to be the case even< though it’s sad to say so. I try not to think about the future too much and try and assume it will never end, a girl can dream can’t she!

 8. What are your thoughts on the crafting community on YouTube? 
At the moment I adore the crafting community it’s small tight knit and welcoming. I have to say that I have never met such kind and friendly people anywhere other than in the crafting community. I worry about what’s going to happen when it expands but there’s no holding such a wonderful thing back!

 9. User savvy tips for future craftubers? 
I get a lot messages asking me how and what about YouTube but my advice is just to do what you want the way you want it and I’m sure it’ll work out I mean look at me I had no clue what to do and yet people (oddly) seem to like my work! Another tip, as business like as it sounds is to network, embrace the future and join every site you can find: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Flickr. Anything that means you can share your art with more and more people. They are all great sources of inspiration and you can find some amazing communities on each of these sites!

 10. Inspiring message for us and your viewers?
Just the usual message I suppose, keep crafting and sharing your creations with the world. Don’t be afraid to just something new or upload something you’re not sure of because 9 times out of 10 there's going to be some people out there that think it's amazing!

LINKS TO RUTH
Subscribe to her YouTube Channel
Ruth's Beauty Channel
Facebook

4 comments:

anna lynn said...

RUTH!! YAYAYAAYYAYAYA ^^

CarmenPay_Craft said...

Love all ur charms ^-^

Unknown said...

Ruth you rock! :D

Anonymous said...

I love your charms so much <3

Post a Comment

 

The Craft Gossiper Copyright © 2013