Feature Interview, Star Of The Month

Monday, March 4, 2013

Bubs from B4Astudios

Posted by The Craft Gossiper at 5:38 PM
WORDS WITH BUBS
Hi, I’m B4Astudios' Bubs and I currently live in NYC! I cheated my way through High School to graduate early but always was a pro on computers and electronics. I love rodents and miss my hamster (RIP). Sometimes I think I have a voice that can sing and when that special feeling possesses my hand, I would do a traditional drawing on paper instead of on the PC. Playing the guitar is always fun to do, when I finally learn. I like to hug, so come and give me one!

Bubs, owner of B4Astudios was a real treat to find as he is creative, has a real talent for arts and crafts and is a guy! It is not everyday you are privileged to run across something this amazing. To date, Bubs has garnered a huge following of fans on his YouTube channel. With over 1400 subscribers and 100 000 views, he is surely the new favorite in the craft scene. He makes the cutest things and has a real flair for video editing. I was personally intrigued by the amount of time he put in his videos with animations to keep his audience engaged. A must see!

SNAPS WITH BUBS
Loving the outfit



Bubs the Artist


Pikachu Plushie
Watch it HERE

Rilakkuma Tissue Pouch
Watch it HERE

INTERVIEW WITH BUBS

1. At what age did you start crafting?
I can't really answer this question because I have no idea. I remember sewing on scraps of fabric to my sis and my own little teddy bears, making them costumes. I had my main bear with many different costumes mimicking super heroes from movies and comics.

2. Tell us how you decided to make videos for YouTube.
My uber cute super BFF Aiko-chan from HapyFriendsShoppe recommended that I try out making felt plushies on YouTube. I had fun helping her start out and thought it would be an interesting experiment. So just having some fun I decided to do so and fell in love with it instantly. Now Bubba don't want to leave!

3. What is your main goal on YouTube as a crafting guru?
Being a guy and openly sewing gets me some strange looks out in public, but I want the world to know that it doesn’t matter what you like. Embrace yourself and what you love. On YouTube I encourage anyone interested in crafting to try it out. I hope to spread the message out that you can do whatever it is you want.

4. What kind of videos do you make on YouTube?
Most of my videos are tutorials for handmade felt plushies. Now I’m also making small fun do it yourself crafting projects that anyone can do. I'm an animator at heart and love traditional animation, so I started posting a few short animations and will probably post more. I tried some speed drawings and may very well start doing some of those again. Finally my partner and I (Aiko-chan) would do a short film together once in a while to bring awareness for a specific subject matter.

5. Do you sell your creations?
Selling my creations would be a wonderful past time, but while both attending school and working full time; I don't have much time to spend on orders. I’m still very much interested in doing so though.

6. What are other hobbies you have besides your forte?
Recently I gave up videogames in the hopes of earning my BA degree for Game Design. But I still watch anime and read manga whenever I can! Drawing by pencil still is rewarding and just hanging out with my BFF online is one of my fave things to do.

7. How long do you see yourself on YouTube?
Until that hacker comes and uploads a worm that can penetrate through all firewalls and multiple online defense destroying all archives and rendering the servers of YouTube unusable... I'll still be around. ;)

8. What are your thoughts on the crafting community on YouTube?
I see the crafting community on YouTube as a family. So many wonderful people are on YouTube doing craft from all over the world. I have gained many new family members since I started crafting on YouTube and enjoy every minute of it!

9. User savvy tips for future craftubers?
I would tell all future craftubers to not pay too much attention to that sub count number. Focus on yourself and delivering amazing content. That number doesn’t mean anything. If you’re a good crafter, people WILL find you.

10. Inspiring message for us and your viewers?
I want everyone to embrace themselves and love who and what you are. Never let people tell you who you are. Be passionate about being happy as your very own person and live life proud.

LINKS TO BUBS
Bubs blogs at B4Astudios
Subscribe to his YouTube Channel
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

4 comments:

Unknown said...

BUBBA SHOULD NEVER LEAVE! you are inspiring to all male like creatures out there :) LOL!
huggs^^

CarmenPay_Craft said...

haha i agree with wifey Bubs cannot and will not leave

Unknown said...

It's nice being part of such an amazing family of crafters! This and the support of all our fans and friends make this journey all the more exciting and rewarding! ^_^

Unknown said...

Hope you keep doing what you're doing and that you'll help other male crafters start creeping onto the scene~!

Post a Comment

 

The Craft Gossiper Copyright © 2013